Catechu or Cutch powder is a nature-derived powder that is extracted from acacia trees. While it can be extracted from various kinds of acacia trees, it is usually derived from Senegalia or Acacia catechu tree. This rich and wondrous plant is found in Maharashtra, Assam, West Bengal and other states along the eastern belt of India.
What Are The Uses Of Catechu Powder?
Catechu finds its uses across a host of industries including tanning, dye industries, animal fodder, astringent and also in a host of herbal and ayurvedic medications and treatments. This simple powder, derived by boiling the bark and the branches of the acacia tree and evaporating the liquid, is indeed a diverse natural product that is used across all of Asia, France, Italy among other countries.
Why Does The Colour Of Catechu Powder Vary?
The color of the catechu powder varies based on two primary factors. Firstly, it is dependent on the terrain and soil in which the tree from which the powder is derived grows. Secondly, the more the bark and the branches are boiled prior to evaporation, the deeper the hues of the color it gives out.
The uses of catechu powder vary based on the color it generates. If you are looking to procure catechu powder to produce paan or gutka, approach Cutch Powder Suppliers who can give you deeper hues of the powder ranging from light to deep reds. Similar to paan in south Asian countries, catechu powder also finds its applications in French and Italian mouth fresheners namely licorice pastilles.
On the contrary, you can use almost all colors of catechu powder in the tanning and dyeing industry from light browns, yellowish-browns, olive browns, copper, deep browns and reds. It is also used as a cheap source of animal fodder used to feed cattle across many Asian countries. It is useful in dyeing silks, fishnets, sails, wool, and cotton. There are also rare forms of white catechu and palm catechu that are used as dyeing and tanning agents.
What Are The Ayurvedic & Herbal Uses of Catechu Powder?
Top Cutch Powder Manufacturers in India supply catechu powder to leading ayurvedic and herbal medication centers as it is a key ingredient in concoctions for various ailments. Listed below are some of its applications in the same:
- Acacia catechu can be used to help people suffering from obesity. Consuming cutch powder can help reduce fat cells in the body
- Acacia catechu, when mixed in milk and consumed, can be helpful in alleviating symptoms of sore throat and throat pain
- Cutch powder diluted in water is useful to relieve aches and pains all over the body
- It is also used as a combination medication to relieve patients suffering from leukaemia, bronchitis, asthma, and coughs
- Any problems relating to the stomach such as diarrhoea, gastritis, and constipation can be relieved by consuming Acacia catechu
- It is also useful in treating swelling, skin disorders, leprosy, ulcers, gum issues, and many other ailments.